from little things big things grow

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Growing up

We've been living with my parents for a month now. Little things in their house resonate with nostalgic meaning. Mum brought a box of books up from storage and in them were old favourites with inscriptions. To Sally Carole with love from your play group friends. Is that book really that old? I remember it as new, a prized treasure.

I've been reading Miffy hardcovers to Skye that have mine and my sisters' names scrawled through them. Our books. Now her books. My mum, now her nanna. And like my nanna there will be old toys and books in the house for her to discover as new.

Little one has been practicing sitting up. She lifts her head and her legs like a crunch. This makes me wonder if her muscles will get sore like mine do if I crunch. So many growth achievements in such a short time. I feel like I need to watch her always so I don't miss any.




No comments:

Post a Comment