from little things big things grow

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Prints for others

This is a really old print I did when I first moved up to QLD. I think that is about 5 years ago.
I was staying with mum and dad until I found a place of my own. I was in a bit of a dark place personally, and I hadn't made any art for about 6 months. This little lino cut was a step out of the dark.

There are so many people who are in various places after this flood debacle. Everyone reacts differently.
Some reactions seem valid, others more unusual. I am trying to keep open minded, and have found various ways to support others online, because I dont really know anyone who has been affected badly. I came across Digella who is behind baked relief, and then the lifeline flood appeal (so many people will require their services), I purchased some pressies from etsy sellers donating their proceeds, and today I purchased a beautiful print by Glen Skein, in exchange for a $55 donation to the premiers flood appeal.

Small steps. Big impact.
Want to share some of your steps?

1 comment:

  1. this is a good thing. well done glen. i'm going to have a look on etsy myself now for some craft funding. coles has buckets at the checkout for loose change which is so easy. we are going to do gold coin shots and sausage sizzle on australia day, not classy but fun :)

    ReplyDelete