from little things big things grow

Thursday, July 22, 2010

cross country - Amsterdam to Paris

Amsterdam - such beautiful back streets
bikes everywhere ...

in a laundrette in Paris eating a baguette

the Centre G Pompidou - after six hours of looking we went slightly loopy

hanging with a Picasso (!!!)


It's really overwhelming to jump in the car and bypass several countries in a mere afternoon. On arrival in Paris I was so exhausted that I was scared to go out for dinner - can you imagine this of me? We have had a most enchanting day today, even the laudromat was fun. My French linguistics are worse than I even imagined, and I find myself wanting to say German, because I have now got the swing of that lingo. Off to the tower tomorrow ...

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! Sounds like you're having an amazing time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic - both of you! I love the portrait shots x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun. Watch out for the Tour de France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am green with envy right now!!I hope you used my little card book?:)Maybe I should have done some French chit chat before you left??:)Have fun!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour, intrepid travellers! Keep the photos coming. Where are the little finger puppets? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour, intrepid travellers. Keep the photos coming. PS Where are the finger puppets?

    ReplyDelete