from little things big things grow

Sunday, July 25, 2010

an eye-full

Paris is superlative.

We found it! Antique market - a maze of warrens and nooks
Spitting fellow

Pompidou at night
Again, quickly penning this before we head out. Sunday is a lazy day in Paris, with anything that bothers to open choosing to do so after lunch. So for now I am in bed with a crusty baguette!
As you can see above we made it to the tower! Beautiful, and amazing. We hiked up two levels. I was so nervous it took about 30mins before I dared look over the edge at the city (ant-size) below. Fraser rocked on up to the very top. Then we ate decadently at the first floor restuarant- and swilled my first champagne- delicioux!
We have done much walking, resulting in the sleep of the dead, and some crabby interactions as one or both of us grows tired. There is so much to spy ... and it becomes a wonderment how to use out time perfectly. Yesterday was the massive flea/antique market north of MontMartre. I found a lace swatch for my wedding dress! Then we found the magical street of guitar shops. I took this opportunity to have a coffee.

We are one street away from the Pompidou, which makes us very close to everything. We hve found a wonderful boulangerie close by, and Chez Marie-Madelaine, a crepery which serves organic cider! Today is the last full day, tomorrow we fly to Ireland. Hoping to do a Seine Cruise tonight, if we do not fall asleep again!
au revoir! x x

2 comments:

  1. You are making me VERY ENVIOUS Sally. We were there 10 months ago, even though I'm sure it was only lst week. Enjoy the rest of your trip - hope you love Ireland.

    ReplyDelete