from little things big things grow

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

days off

I'm currently watching Home and Away - the early years. Its on seven 2. But I've also done my usual seven things at once, washing, ironing, vacuuming, removing old nail polish, eating breakfast, watching telly, reading blogs ... you know, the usual. And now I am cooling down in the air con, trying to get back into the swing of blogging, and well everything. Christmas holidays were a little too good.

Right now I am in the midst of transition. I have cut back my hours at work, and will be finishing up in a month. We are also organising our wedding, and getting our heads around the next year, which will involve a big trip overseas.

Its really nice to have the extra days off. Last Wednesday I realised I could get along to the Lifeline bookfest. But being in transition I am not settled enough to splurge. I found two lovely Dick Bruna pieces - Cinderella, and a counting frieze. It was lovely to come home with only a couple of treaures, but knowing they really are treasures. Not like last years uncontrollable purchasing!
As I come closer to finishing in Cleveland, I've taken to looking for unusual things to keep me entertained. Last week someone put detergent in the fountain. Rad. Later today I am heading into the city to check out the City Library. I have an exhibition coming up there, and this is my first consult with the exhibitions manager. I think I may check out the Wednesday market at Brisbane square while there.

3 comments:

  1. exhibition - sounds exciting - do tell more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sal, please don't tell me that you were watching home and away in your PJ's. Get out of the house girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am today Trish - but I have the sniffles and its raining! But, no on my days off I get to wear what I like!

    ReplyDelete