from little things big things grow

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hot Toffee at Mod Squad

Hot Toffee anyone? Then get yourself to Mod Squad at the Logan Art Gallery.
I went to the opening last night (yay) with my lovely bear.
What a packed event!
Probably because they had four exhibitions opening simultaneously. Clever.
The Mod Squad exhibition was quite fascinating, with works spanning from 11 years ago to present day, some exhibited heavily, some brand new (which I preferred). And what an amazing collection of designers. But (frustratingly) no disclosure about how they had chosen this particular collection. Some amazing heavy weights eg Barbara Heath, and then delightfully some fresh newbies, such as Nicole and also Bjorn Rust.
Nicole's work looked beautiful and zen. The white space really accentuates her designs.
It's too, too exciting to see Nicole being featured in this setting. I strongly believe her work is of such a high standard, and contains a special something that sets it apart from a lot of other craft jewellers.
I wonder what will come out of this for her?
Congratulations Nicole! You really deserve this.
god I am just itching to get back into the curating and exhibiting side of things ... more job applications this week ... fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sally, I'm so glad you were able to make it. Thanks for taking some pictures too - I forgot to take my camera.
    Talk soon
    x
    Good luck with the job applications!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post - terrific photos of Nicole's work too!! I am lucky enough to have a couple of her pieces - her work really is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete