For your benefit I have created 'Geckos in love', a transfer to make some sweet matching pillows for you and your fabulous other (even if that's a cat) ...
So, if you want one follow along
- Hover your curser over the above image and right click so you can save it somewhere on your computer
- Now open the jpeg
- The design is for a 4" x 6" transfer. You can get these from office works in a pack of ten.
- Set up your printer for the 4 x 6 inch option of paper size, and t-shirt transfer paper type.
- Check your print preview panel to see if you need to make any adjustments - you dont want to cut off a limb ...
- Print away (do two)
- When the ink is dry (instantly - great), cut around the little fellas, and put them aside
- Set up your iron and your ironing board
- Iron up the pillow cases (it's not too hard) so you have a nice flat surface
- Then place the first transfer on face down
- Iron away... now, I discovered that my iron destroys the transfer if I leave it on there as long as directed. I do a couple of dawdling swipe overs and that is enough. If you pick at the edge of the paper and it lifts from the transfer you are a-ok.
- So, when it is cool, pull off the paper carefully-ish
- Repeat on second pillow case.
Presto, a sweet crafty pressie, and still a whole night to do this!
Pop onto pillows to greet partner with suprise, supplement with mint chocolates ... maybe not in Brisbane, or Melbourne or Sydney - it will melt and ruin the cases.
Ok, and last thing, please enjoy using these freebies, but only for your personal use. Don't be a nasty pastie and sell them or pass them off as your own work. If you want to share them I would love that, especially when you give me credit and link back to here.