from little things big things grow

Friday, January 9, 2009

Optimistic and hungry

The truth is, I didn't need to order the Painters Palette from the cafe at GOMA but my lovely cousin from the states was ordering a pavlova and I couldn't let her sit and eat a whole desssert on her own. Guilt is a strange thing... not much logic involved. However (and importantly), it was delicious, and I ate the whole thing and it still looked like a painters palette!
Also, the big exhibition there at the moment, Optimism, - which is FREE- is very ace. It gets a two ace rating. Go. Get off your bike and go. I laughed my ass off. There is so much humour in the contemporary Australian art featured. Oh and Scott Redford is too cool (see below). Not to mention there is a whole wall of Robert McHaffie watercolours. Those who know me will recognise McHaffie as being the ace artist who drew the melting cheeseman. I think my favourite is the Nick Cave one this time (he is doing nude yoga to the background of the New York skyline).

No comments:

Post a Comment