from little things big things grow

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Like a wall hanging

I'm trying out the wall hanging technique and applying it to a canvas ...

I'm also switching from my normal (and now overused) background pattern of water to neurons.

I like neurons. Metaphorically they work as stories about people connecting, and the random patterns of life. I also like how they look like coffee spills.
Here is a cool detail.
Maybe you can see the two layers.
1. painted canvas
2. texta'd tulle
Where they overlay you get a bold black. Nice.

Ok, next bit shows my nasty stapling on the back, but neat folding ...


1 comment:

  1. yeah cool. i like the coffee concept. they are a little like Rorshach's(sp?) ink blots. see what you like in it.

    mmmmm art.

    the last pic makes me think of this illuminated canvas thing...

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/12/diy-project-kates-illuminated-canvas.html

    check it.

    ReplyDelete