from little things big things grow

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Art of Making Sense

I mentioned in a previous post that I had some work in the exhibition 'The Art of Making Sense' at the Cunningham Dax Collection. I was able to visit this show when I was in Melb recently.


These are my paintings. It was such a shock to see them in this context- before I had only exhibited these in shows in fine art circles. However, these works were made as a sort of self therapy when I had been diagnosed with depression. They are presented next to other works which have been created by others experiencing mental health issues.

If you are keen to know more about Mental Health and you are in Melb you might want to get along. Or you could visit the website ... http://www.daxcollection.org.au/main.html

No comments:

Post a Comment